Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Monday, November 24, 2003
 

Interesting news in trademark law. The Trademark Blog (a very interesting read) alerted me to this last week. The Wall Street Journal ran a front-page article on November 12 about rivalry licensing, which is the increasingly common practice of one team allowing its mascot to be comically abused by its rival mascot for a fee and a chance to do the same in return.

If I ever figure out how to post pictures, I can show some examples, but for now you can see some here.

In the $3 billion world of collegiate sports licensing, rivalry licensing has become very profitable for schools. And as a Duke fan, I appreciate anytime I can legally disparage a Tarheel.





1 Comments:

That Old article is good

Anonymous sfd -- 11/29/2007 4:05 AM  


Post a Comment