Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Sunday, February 05, 2006
 
Super Bowl Thoughts

I thought this year's Super Bowl was an average game overall, with a few big moments. But can someone tell me what was going on with Seattle's play-calling at the end of the halves? They had two weeks to prepare -- was that not enough to practice a hurry up offense? Perhaps they were too busy posing with the Super Bowl trophy and practicing saying "I'm going to Disney World!"

My vote for best commercial -- the guys in the apartment worshiping the "Magic Fridge." The worst? Jay Mohr as the agent for Diet Pepsi.

UPDATE: You can watch all of the commercials here.





2 Comments:

I agree: the Diet Pepsi ads were not good (although the "stunt double" in the Jackie Chan film being a can of Coca-Cola was somewhat amusing; otherwise, though, not good).

As to the game itself, I thought it was okay. Neither team played especially well--the game didn't seem to have a Super Bowl "feel" to it--and I suspect neither would have beaten, say, the New England Patriots of 2003 or 2004, but it's nice to see Pittsburgh get one for Coach Cowher and Dan Rooney. Steelers fans are also very loyal, so it's good to see their loyalty rewarded.

Blogger Michael McCann -- 2/06/2006 12:19 AM  


I think Mike Holmgren graduated from the Andy Reid School of Clock Mangagement. Or vice-versa.

I wonder how Drew Bledsoe felt, thinking he'd finally be able to watch a Super Bowl without seeing Tom Brady and then he has to watch him flip the coin.

Anonymous Micah -- 2/08/2006 9:18 AM  


Post a Comment