Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Monday, October 02, 2006
 
Legal Implications of the Wonderlic Test

I just posted on SSRN a working paper: The Wonderlic Test for the NFL Draft: Linking Stereotype Threat and the Law. You will need a free SSRN account to read it, and you can get such an account here. I will be presenting on this paper later this month at Marquette University Law School, specifically at the First Annual Colloquium on Current Scholarship in Labor and Employment Law. Please note: my working paper is very much "working" and I will update it again in a couple of weeks. The paper is actually one part of a law review article that I am writing on the law and social psychology of intellectual and psychological testing of pro athletes, and it is also related to a book project that I am co-authoring with Jon Hanson.

If you get a chance to read the paper, I would greatly appreciate any feedback at mmccann[at]mc.edu. Thanks.





2 Comments:

Have you taken the Wonderlic?

Anonymous Anonymous -- 10/03/2006 9:53 AM  


Anonymous,

Thanks for your comment.

I have not yet taken it under exam conditions, and I imagine those conditions can greatly influence performance. As I continue in my research, I plan to take it under those conditions.

Have you, or anyone else reading this, taken the Wonderlic, and if so, 1) for what purposes did you take it? 2) what were the exam conditions like? and 3) what were the sources of stress that you felt, if you felt any stress?

I would greatly appreciate any kind of feedback on the testing experience itself. Thanks.

Blogger Michael McCann -- 10/03/2006 10:23 AM  


Post a Comment