Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Tim Donaghy Sentencing
Much has been written about yesterday's sentencing of disgraced former NBA referee Tim Donaghy to 15 months in prison. Here are some stories that may be of interest:
* I wrote a piece on SI.com on the sentencing. My thanks to the folks on Celtics Blog for their nice words about it.
* Jeffrey Standen of The Sports Law Professor weighs in as well.
* And so does Lester Munson of ESPN.com.
* Mark Fass of the New York Law Journal (by way of Law.com) has an intriguing take on the surprising background of the federal charges that were used to prosecute Donaghy.
* An unrelated but really interesting piece by Darren Heitner of Sports Agent Blog on basketball agents using overseas employment opportunities as leverage in negotiations with NBA teams.
* Another unrelated but really interesting piece by Marc Isenberg of Money Players that seeks to debunk educational arguments in favor star basketball players attending college and then going pro. He notes that
-- Posted by Michael McCann @ Comments (3) -- Post a Comment 7/30/2008 01:37:00 PM --