Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Some Weekend Links
Catching up with links:
* Tonight I have an SI column up on the legal ramifications of Alex Rodriguez's positive steroids test.
* Earlier this week, I was interviewed on the Fox News Channel and KCBS Radio to discuss different legal issues concerning Barry Bonds. Hope you can watch/listen.
* Kurt Streeter of the LA Times recently had a great story on basketball legend Sonny Vaccaro and the reasons why he opposes the NBA's age limit.
* Marc Isenberg of Money Players has been all over the different legal and economic issues concerning National Signing Day. Marc also recently publihsed a new edition of his excellent book Money Players.
* The National Sports and Entertainment Law Society has a bunch of great posts up on their blog, including a very useful recap of sports law news.
* Access Athletes Blog and Sports Agent Blog also have some excellent stuff worth checking out. Darren Heitner has a particularly interesting piece on the demise of the Continental Basketball Association. I remember when the CBA used to be a good place for NBA teams to find talent -- the Celtics, for instance, had some success in signing Kevin Gamble and Adrian Griffin, among other guys (as a Celtics fan who stuck with team during its long drought from the late 80s to a couple of years ago, I remember there quite a few Celtics with CBA stints on their resumes).
-- Posted by Michael McCann @ Comments (3) -- Post a Comment 2/07/2009 08:09:00 PM --