Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Two posts of interests

(H/T: Marc Edelman):

First, Mike Colligan comments at the SportsJudgeBlog on the NHL salary cap.

Second, Marc himself writes at Above the Law about the Wisconsin Supreme Court decision holding that cheerleading is a sport and the possible implications of that notion for Title IX. I wrote about the Wisconsin case as part of the broader what-is-sport debate. And at least one commenter on my posts has brought up the implications of that discussion for Title IX. I have not had a chance to read the Wisconsin decision yet, but I will have some thoughts on Marc's post later.


Marc - great post on Above the Law. After my post on what the WI SC held last week on this Blog, I received a number of inquiries regarding possible Title IX implications. I have forwarded on a link to your piece.


Blogger Tim Epstein -- 2/04/2009 7:35 PM  

Tim, thanks for the kind words. I really enjoyed your original post on the topic as well (I wanted to link to you on Above the Law, but I wasn't able to isolate your post on a page).

I am especially interested in how women's rights groups are reacting to the "competitive cheer" and Title IX issue. From the little bit I have been able to gather online, I have not found a uniform position. However, I think the distinction between University of Maryland's practices and those of certain other schools is important.

Blogger Marc Edelman -- 2/04/2009 8:05 PM  

Every body has there own opinion.
send flowers

Blogger kalpanakasupa12 -- 2/05/2009 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment