Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
 
Baseball's Antitrust Exemption Highlighted in a New TV Campaign

TheHill.com reports that baseball's historic antitrust exemption has been highlighted as part of a new advertising campaign criticizing the health insurance industry. No doubt hoping to capitalize on the popularity of the baseball playoffs, the group Americans United for Change has launched the TV commercial below, noting that the baseball and health insurance industries are the only two enjoying an exemption from federal antitrust law. In the process, the ad depicts the effect of the baseball antitrust exemption as being relatively benign, a characterization I suspect many here would take issue with.









4 Comments:

Since the "Black Sox Scandal" preceded the Federal Baseball case, that incident is an interesting choice. Players and competition is also an interesting selection since the point of the antitrust exemption in labor terms was the lack of competition for a player's services.

Blogger Ed Edmonds -- 10/14/2009 5:03 PM  


Hi, this is Ashlee. Recently, I visited your blog and found some useful information in your blog. I hope my blog which provides BLOGS DIRECTORY information might be helpful.

So, I request you to do the favour. Please place my blog link in ur blog roll and below is my blogs directory information Blogspot Directory and I also invite you to review my blog at your convenience.
http://blogs-directory-online.blogspot.com/

Blogger Ashlee912 -- 10/15/2009 4:15 AM  


I enjoyed reading your work! GREAT post! I looked around for this… but I found you! Anyway, would you mind if I threw up a backlink from my site? Please come visit my site Business Trade Guide of Dallas Texas TX when you got time.

Blogger rr8004 -- 10/17/2009 11:50 PM  


I enjoyed reading your work! GREAT post! I looked around for this… but I found you! Anyway, would you mind if I threw up a backlink from my site? Please come visit my site Dallas Business Directory Forum Blog Classifieds when you got time.

Blogger rr8004 -- 10/17/2009 11:51 PM  


Post a Comment