Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Monday, November 30, 2009
 
More Amicus Briefs in American Needle v. NFL

Last Tuesday was the deadline for amicus curiae briefs supporting the NFL in American Needle v. NFL. A number of supporting briefs were filed with the Supreme Court, and are now available for download:
  • A brief by the National Hockey League, available here.
  • A brief by the National Basketball Association and NBA Properties, available here.
  • A brief by the NCAA, available here.
  • A brief by the ATP Tour, WTA Tour, Major League Soccer, and NASCAR, available here.
  • A brief by various economists in support of the NFL, available here.
  • A brief by Visa and Mastercard, available here.
  • A brief by Electronics Arts, Inc., available here.
  • A brief by VF Imagewear, Inc., available here.

Unfortunately, a copy of the NFL's brief has still not been made publicly available for downloading, as far as I have been able to discern. However, the brief is now available on LexisNexis, for those with access to its Supreme Court briefs database.






8 Comments:

Thanks so much for the post, update and links!

Anonymous Anonymous -- 12/01/2009 2:10 PM  


yes, thanks nathaniel

Anonymous Anonymous -- 12/02/2009 5:52 PM  


did MLB stay out of this discussion altogether because of their exemption?

Blogger Steven -- 12/03/2009 2:59 AM  


I have a copy of the NFL brief

http://www.ualberta.ca/~bhumphre/nfl_brief.pdf

Not sure where I found it, but it was not Lexus-Nexus

Brad

Blogger Brad Humphreys -- 12/15/2009 12:29 PM  


You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbee and your success is very much an inspiration for me. Please come visit my site Phone Directory Of Tampa City Florida FL State when you got time.

Blogger rr8004 -- 12/21/2009 5:35 AM  


You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbee and your success is very much an inspiration for me. Please come visit my site Find Business Tampa when you got time.

Blogger rr8004 -- 12/21/2009 5:35 AM  


I really liked your blog! You have some great content. Check out my blog and give me some feedback Please come visit my site Find Business Raleigh when you got time.

Blogger rr8004 -- 12/28/2009 2:16 AM  


I really liked your blog! You have some great content. Check out my blog and give me some feedback Please come visit my site Raleigh North Carolina NC when you got time.

Blogger rr8004 -- 12/28/2009 2:17 AM  


Post a Comment