Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Friday, January 21, 2011
Public Forum: MMAdness - Issues Surrounding the Legalization of Mixed Martial Arts in NY : Update
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 Location: 14 Vesey Street, New York, New York
* Joseph M. DeGuardia, Esq., owner of Star Boxing, a boxing promotional company, and president of the Boxing Promoters Association;
* Michael DiMaggio, Esq., Collins, McDonald & Gann, P.C.;
* Kurt Emhoff, Esq., attorney, Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman and licensed boxing manager;
* Paul Stuart Haberman, Esq., licensed boxing manager and Chair, Entertainment, Media, Intellectual Property and Sports Law Committee's (EMIPS) Sports Law Subcommittee of NYCLA; and
* David N. Weinraub, Esq., managing partner, Brown & Weinraub, PLLC, lobbyist for the UFC.
Panelists will discuss the legal and regulatory issues relating to the legalization of mixed martial arts in New York, as well as its potential economic impact if it were legalized.
Sponsor: EMIPS Committee
-- Posted by Paul Stuart Haberman @ Comments (0) -- Post a Comment 1/21/2011 09:40:00 PM --