Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Time for Transformative Change in Intercollegiate Athletics

Well, I've spent the better part of the fall semester thinking and talking about change in intercollegiate athletics. I figured it was time to put my ideas and arguments down on paper and, as such, wrote a brief article, summing up my thoughts and, more importantly, making some recommendations.

The essay was just posted on Huffington Post here.

In sum, I argue that we need to address three key areas: 1) Academics & Integrity, 2) The Interests and Experiences of Student-athletes; and 3) Accountability.

Let me know what you think...and help me improve my proposals.


Recommendations tie in nicely to the Knight Commissions recommendations; and provide more specific suggestions in a few areas as well.

Anonymous Anonymous -- 11/30/2011 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment