Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Friday, May 11, 2012
The New York Times on Harlem Ambassadors suing Harlem Wizards

Back in February, I blogged about the Harlem Ambassadors suing the Harlem Wizards over the Wizards allegedly "stealing" one of the Ambassadors' players - LaMarvon Jackson, who averaged 1 point per game at the University of Arkansas Little Rock, but who is apparently a star "entertainment show basketball performer." Though coveted by two teams, Jackson reportedly earns $60 per game (which typically generates at least $4,000 in revenue), with a $20 per diem when out on tour. Small numbers, perhaps, but the requested damages in the suit exceed $73,000.

Ken Belson of the New York Times has an extensive piece on the lawsuit, and I speak with him for his story.


I am currently a semi-pro football football player in Glens Falls and after a number of disputes between myself and the owner he and I both decided we did not want to associate for the 2012 season. He informed me that upon paying an 150 dollar fee I would be released but upon learning I would be going to a rival team he told me he would not. Does this qualify as a verbal agreement and what can I do to switch teams and continue my effort to go to a pro team? Thank you for your time and consideration. Ican be best contacted by email at or my Facebook Thank you again for your time advice and patience


Anonymous Darelle Taylor -- 6/09/2012 4:48 AM  

Post a Comment