Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Sunday, February 10, 2013
University of Chicago Sports Symposium (Business and Law) on February 15th
On Friday, February 15th, please join me for the third-annual MESG Sports Symposium at the Gleacher Center, brought to you by the Chicago Booth Media, Entertainment and Sports Group and the University of Chicago School of Law. The day will include three panel discussions, a keynote speaker, a networking lunch, and post-event networking reception. I am participating on the law panel that will focus on labor negotiations.
For information on ordering tickets, click here (or here if you are a student). There will be several networking opportunities and panels will include:
9:45 am - 10:45am: Sports Marketing at Scale: Making the most of your sponsorship dollars. Moderated by Scott Meadow, Clinical Professor of Entrepreneurship
- Corey Christanell, Director of Sports Marketing, Anheuser Busch
- Michael O'Conor, Partner Marketing Division, Retail & Services, US Olympic Committee
- Diana Juhasz, Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, Discover Financial Services
- John Shumate, Manager, Brand Management & Strategy, Gatorade
10:45am - 11:15am: Fireside Chat: Inside Olympic Marketing with Corey Christanell, Director of Sports Marketing, Anheuser Busch and Michael O'Conor, Partner Marketing Division, Retail & Services, US Olympic Committee
12:15pm - 1:15pm: Whose Lockout is it Anyway? The evolving role of collective bargaining agreements & labor negotiations in professional sports.
- Professor Michael LeRoy, Lecturer in Law, University of Chicago Law School
- Timothy Liam Epstein, Partner, SmithAmundsen
- Mike McCartney, Director of Football Operations, Priority Sports & Entertainment
- Scott Gaffield, Octagon 1:15pm - 2:00pm:
Fireside Chat: Behind the BTN Big 10K, Erin Harvego, Vice President of Marketing, Big Ten Network 2:15pm - 3:15pm:
From the Classroom to the Playing Field: How analytics have revolutionized the world of Sports. Moderated by John Huizinga, Walter David "Bud" Fackler Distinguished Service Professor of Economics, Chicago Booth
- Vince Gennaro ('77), President, Society for American Baseball Research (SABR)
- Ken Kovash ('06), Director of Football Research & Player Personnel Assistant, Cleveland Browns
- Bob Meyerhoff, President, Information Logistics
Closing Remarks: Tobias Moskowitz, Fama Family Professor of Finance, Chicago Booth