Sports Law Blog
All things legal relating
to the sports world...
Monday, September 12, 2016
NJICLE Kickoff Classic
I am honored to be speaking at the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education's upcoming "Kickoff Classic" on September 24. The classic will focus on sports law controversies and CLE credit will be available. This link has the key details and information on signing up, and I hope you do.
Specific topics in the classic include:
• Public relations disasters – what is an attorney’s role when the players and coaches
commit “fouls” off of the field
• Representing sports agents – legal issues involved in courting and signing with the NFL
• NCAA compliance – how to keep college players on the amateur side of the dividing line
• Betting on games - the current status of sports betting in New Jersey
• Concussions – the latest law on injuries and liability
• Gaming the system - O’Bannon vs. NCAA and should student athletes be paid for the
use of their names and likenesses in video games
Here's some more info: